Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Uncorking Bay Bridge Vineyard Merlot


This weeks wine is Bay Bridge Vineyard Merlot. I wasnt able to find much information about this vineyard which in my experience leaves me to believe that it is produced by a vinter.

I picked this bottle up at Quality Food Centers (aka Kroger) for $2.99. This is the first time that I have tried a Merlot (I know its typically peoples intro wine) and it was very strong and bold.

My Notes: Leggy earthy bitter sour lingering full palette heavy body high tannin mild acidity bold sharp.

For a bolder red than what I am use to, I really appreciated this wine and liked it, especially since it is a budget wine.



So like I said before this was a very strong wine. It was very well balanced with a great lingering aftertaste which from what I read is what you want to look for in a wine.




I cant wait to try this with a steak or a good bowl of pasta!!

~Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook