Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Uncorking Oak Leaf 2013 Moscato

This weeks wine is Oak Leaf 2013 Moscato.

Wine Makers Notes: "This light-bodied, sweet Moscato has a soft floral aroma, hints of peach and pineapple, and a refreshing finish."

Awards and Accolades:
Silver 2013 Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits
Gold/Best Bargain Wine - 2013 Consumer Wine Awards

My Notes: leggy, peach, apple, berry, floral, bright, sweet, medium body, medium tannin, medium acidity, fruity finish, juicy, crisp, refreshing, middle of tongue.

I was really pleased with this bargain wine. I have had Oak Leaf before and I must say that for a sub $4.00 wine they are always really surprising.

I have yet to find one I don't care for. One thing however, this Moscato wasn't as sweet as some of the others that I have had. It was still sweet but not as sweet. Still for under $4.00 it is going to be a staple in my house.

I recently gave two bottles of this Moscato as gifts to some friends who were new to drinking wine. They later called me and asked where they could get it, and when I told them Walmart and the price they were really shocked.


I am always learning new things about wine it seems like daily. Maybe one day Ill be a professional.

~Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook