Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Uncorking Chateau Ste Michelle Gewurztraminer Columbia Valley 2013

This weeks wine is Chateau Ste Michelle Gewurztraminer Columbia Valley 2013

Makers notes:  this Gewürztraminer is such a flavorful wine with beautiful, expressive fruit and clove spice. This is a lush style of Gewurztraminer with a lot of floral character, yet it still maintains the grape’s natural crisp acidity.

 My Notes: leather pepper side of tongue quick finish sour apple tart  medium tannin medium body medium acidity sharp

Unlike other Gewurzt's this one was in my opinion lacking over all taste and aroma. it was good and refreshing otherwise. I only tried this wine because a friend recommended it and said "she absolutely loved it".

Never having tasted anything from this vineyard ( and the fact that I like Gewurztraminer) I thought that I would give it a shot.

Its finish was very quick and under 3 seconds for the aftertaste. With the Nose Test I picked up some pepper and earthy leather tones but really wasn't fragrant like some of the others I've had.



Again it was a 'good' wine but not a Gewurztraminer that I would run out and get again, but that is my humble unrefined opinion.

~Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook