Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Uncorking Crane Lake Moscato vintage 2013 California

This weeks selection is Crane Lake Moscato vintage 2013. This wine won 86 points for Best Buy in 2011. The taste is very sweet and fruity. It has a strong fruity floral front, with a bitter sweet finish. To my nose it has a sweet fermented cherry aroma to it.
I was very please with the taste, and would pair it with a good bold cheese like Munster or a good Sharp. Ive been having Mozzarella (I know its not really a bold cheese just what I had on hand) and really enjoying it with that.

Notes: perfumed, fruity, angular, silky, clean, delicate, finesse. Low ranged Tannin on sides of tongue, prickly in middle of tongue. Floral and juicy on finish. This wine is frisky and fruity. 
As I said I am not a wine expert by any means of the imagination. But this is the best way that I could describe this wine. It is for all accounts a budget wine. But it is very delicate and sweet. I have enjoyed it and can not wait to try another bottle from this vineyard.

~Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook