Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Uncorking Charles Shaw 2013 White Zinfandel

This weeks wine is Charles Shaw 2013 White Zinfandel.

This wine and label is more commonly known as "2 Buck Chuck" as it was released to in Trader Joe's during its start as a wine that was only $1.99. I couldn't find out much about this particular wine other than it was owned by an umbrella vintner by the name of Bronco Wine Company.

My Notes: Peach, Black Berry, Pepper, sweet like a white, tart like a red. Middle of tongue. Crisp, medium body, medium acidity, low/medium tannin, perfume-tangy finish.

This was my first time with a White Zinfandel so I was really shocked at how it almost seamlessly married the two qualities of a white and red. It makes for a vary nice combination. At $2 it is a great wine to keep on hand for company or weekend drinking.

It was a very refreshing glass of wine that I am looking forward to again and again. I know its probably not a great pairing but I think this would go great with some BBQ and Watermelon!

~Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook