Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Uncorking Oak Leaf Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc

This week's wine is Oak Leaf Vineyard's Sauvignon Blanc

Wine Makers Notes: "This medium-bodied, zesty Sauvignon Blanc has bright aroma's of  lemon and fresh melon, with a clean, crisp finish."

Awards and Accolades: BRONZE - 2012 Florida State Fair International

My Notes: Mushroom, musty, pepper, asphalt. Clean, Semi dry, medium acidity, smooth cliff, perfume finish.

I was surprised by how different this wine was from other white wines. I had expected it to be fruity and sweet but found it to be dry and tangy. It was a medium feel in my mouth a little tart but sweet but not a traditional white sweet.

It does have a crisp finish as the wine maker suggests. As for the aroma's of lemon and melon, i'm not sure about all that. However, I am still an amateur.


I might keep this one on hand for more mature drinking times. It is nice and as I said before crisp. Just shocked at its lack of sweet. But a joy none the less.

~Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook