Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Uncorking Columbia River Landing 2013 Riesling

 This weeks wine is Columbia River Landing's 2013 Riesling. I found very little to no information about this maker. I did find out however, that it was launched in Trader Joe's on March 2015.
With many things from TJ's I am finding that it is hit and miss with their wines.

My Notes: Peach, Blackberries, mildly peppery, medium high tannin, medium bodied,  medium acidity. Back of mouth, tart, sweet, crisp, tangy, sharp, fresh, meaty after taste on finish.

When I got it home and went to open it, I noticed a little 'floater' in it. It was a piece of the cork. Now from what I have heard the cork can give the wine a sour off putting taste.

I have based my notes above based on the current taste and may give this wine a second chance. However, that being said. I found it to be a bit bitter and not sweet as other Rieslings I have tried.



Still even though it wasn't as sweet and a bit more bitter than as I had hoped for, it was still a nice way to finish the night. 

~Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook